Enrolling in Taylor's
The decision with regard to which school your daughter should attend is a vital one and one which parents do not take lightly. It is important that parents make a fully informed choice after looking at all the options available to them and their children.
Dominican College has the following to offer your children:
- A long-standing tradition and culture of success, achievement and excellence in the academic, sporting, artistic and scientific arenas
- High expectations of students in all they do, be it academic, sporting or cultural
- Outstanding success at Junior and Leaving Cert
- A vibrant, enthusiastic and dedicated teaching staff who are committed to helping students achieve their potential
- A welcoming and friendly environment for pupils
- Excellent care and support systems
- A focus on developing well-rounded, mature and responsible students
- A wide ranging curriculum
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities including hockey, basketball, Gaelic football, soccer, athletics, running club, debating, glee club, choir, music lessons & annual school-musical, among others
- Excellent facilities including 2 computer suites, 4 state of the art Science labs, 2 Home Economics rooms, Art room, computers & data-projectors in every classroom
- State of the art sporting facilities including an astro-turf hockey pitch, gym with international size basketball court and fully equipped fitness suite
- Our past-pupils have become successful in all the professions including medical, legal, business, journalism, education, engineering, art, drama and many others
- We do all that we can to make sure our students achieve their full potential.
We believe in the importance of working to enable students to achieve all they are capable of. We know that the key to student success lies in identifying their potential and working with them to ensure that they can reach this potential. We have excellent monitoring procedures in place which enable us to identify when pupils are not working to the best of their ability and to rectify this.
We take pride in providing a high standard of education for our students, provided by a dedicated and caring staff.
1st Year Students
The normal route for people enrolling in Dominican College is to do so at the end of their primary education. Details of our admissions criteria are be found below;
Application Form - 1st Year - September 2023
Pupils Transferring from other Post-Primary Schools
We frequently have requests from parents to enrol students who are already in another post-primary school and wish to join Dominican College. In this instance parents should complete and return a Transfer Request Form. The procedures for transferring schools and offering places in Dominican College are outlined in the school's Admissions Policy.
All admissions are carried out in accordance with the school's Admissions Policy which can be found above, 'Admissions Policy & Notice'.